WebDav Error when connecting [error]... • Mac Support Guy

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:52 pm

WebDav Error when connecting [error]...

• Advertisement

• Author

WebDav Error when connecting [error]...

PostMon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 am

Hey everyone,

I managed to get afp,smb and webdav to work. However, webdav only works for me if I setup the user with a home directory, otherwise it won't connect at all and give me this error in /var/log/apache2/error_log: "[error] (61)Connection refused: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to [fe80::1]:59780 (*) failed" Now I did setup everyone with a home directory and still one user is now experiencing the same problem again. Smb and afp work fine, just webdav is giving me a headache. Does anyone know what the problem is or what I can try?

Thanks for the help

Advertisement

Re:WebDav Error when connecting [error]...

PostMon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 am

I was able to resolve this by looking at the /var/logs/system.log and finding that the file that was autogenerated by the webdav process had a syntax error in it.

In my case, the rewrite string was missing the quotes and as a result, webdav failed to start because it didn't load the file. In my experience, the WebDAV sharing file only gets rewritten when File Sharing is stopped and started.

Do the following:

1. Check /var/logs/system.log for any errors being thrown by org.apache.webdavsharing.<a username on your system>
  2. Backup the file /etc/apache2/httpd_webdavsharing_sharepoints.conf
  3. Open the file in emacs or some text editor that can verify that quotes, XML delimiters and the like have been successfully closed
  4. Save the file - if you made changes
  5. Try logging back into the server using webdav (it shouldn't make any difference if this is performed from an iOS device or from a computer.)

If that fails - bounce the File Sharing service to make it regenerate the /etc/apache2/httpd_webdavsharing_sharepoints.conf file again and go back to step 1.

• Advertisement

Return to Lion 10.7 Server