Cannot access yahoo email account when...

Re:Cannot access yahoo email account when...

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I just reset Safari, history, cache etc...restarted the machine...I am still unable to access my Yahoo account.  I DO THANK YOU for giving me these suggestons and caring.  I've learned a lot from you!  Thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm

I will attempt that again.  The last time I tried it...something threw me for a loop and I bailed - afraid that I would mess up something on my computer.  Thanks for the advice on IMap....have been reading of big time problems with Mac users and Yahoo with the POP issue.  Thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:03 pm

As far as I know, Yahoo charges for using a desktop mail client (such as Mac Mail) - unless they've changed their setup. That is one reason why I access Yahoo via my browser instead of setting it up with Mail. Here is the info on Yahoo Plus:

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Note the second line with POP and one further down with Mail forwarding...... This is for the US Yahoo email accounts.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:41 pm

If you just go to File->Add Account in Mail and type your yahoo.com mail address and password, the rest should work automatically.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Im not sure what yahoo plus is, it works for me out of the box and i am using a normal free account. But you never know, maybe yahoo plan to discontinue the free service in the future...