Chromakey more then 1min30 sec?

Chromakey more then 1min30 sec?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 am

I want to chromakey a video of 15 minutes. But Motion only chromakeys like the first minute and a half and then I get a black screen where I hear my voice but see nothing when I have exported the video. In the Motion application I can see the whole 15 minutes chromakeyed but once exported I only get 1,5 min.? Any suggestions?

Fernando

Re:Chromakey more then 1min30 sec?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:53 am

In general you might want to key each shot separately instead of trying to do the whole thing at once.

What version of Final Cut are you using?

TOnyTOny

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:15 am

It is a 15 minute video which should be able to work, no. I am using Final Cut express and X... but x keeps on crashing on me. The chromakey in Motion looks nicer with more editing possibilities for badly lighted shots then final cut x or express.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:51 am

Not sure how Express works but I know it's not easy working back and forth with FCPX and Motion. Keep in mind that your trying to render 15 minuttes of what is most likly a high quality video and even if you have enough drive space it takes a lot to render the file.

If it keeps going black at the same point, go over the Motion project at that point to see if there is something that might cause a problem.

Are you using a background with this chromakey or are you trying to render it with an alpha channel?

TOnyTOny

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 am

I'd test and see if you set an in point after that minute and a half and see if it still exports it.  I noticed on a project yesterday that it'd stop exporting the video when my RAM got full.  I ended up having to render chunks at a time and pieced it back together in FCX. The only thing I didn't try, which I should've, was sending to Compressor from Motion, but I dunno if it'll work for sure. Those are my two cents anyway. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 am

I just chromakeyed a 20 minute video in Motion 5 and it keyed the whole clip just fine.