Length of clips in Motion 5

Length of clips in Motion 5

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Can a 2 min show reel be produced in one timeline in Motion 5 or do you need to make a series of clips to be pulled together in FCP or the likes?

Re:Length of clips in Motion 5

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Simply change the project duration on the clock (clicking on the clock will switch between current position and project duration).

You can have longer projects but it will start to severly eat up RAM as more caching to be done.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Thats great, thanks for the speedy reply.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:29 pm

I would recommend splitting it up into smaller projects (at appropriate cut points) though unless you have a stupid amount of RAM.

I have a very long project that I wish I had split up because its being a nightmarish slug to work on.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:20 pm

I do longer projects in Motion like this often.  When it bogs your hardware down, go into the Render menu and start turnning off things like reflections, shadows, etc.  If you need more power, set Resolution and Quality to lower settings.  You can always put the settings back to where you need them for Export when you're done.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:18 pm

I received a load of new RAM in the post today and the same long project that was very sluggish and frustrating me before runs a lot more smoothly and the GUI more responsive.

I think apple should double their RAM requirements on the specs!