Logic Live ?

Logic Live ?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 am

Anyone using Logic for live work?

I have been bouncing the tracks to audio and using the Mainstage 2 (8 track playback facility) for backing tracks, but it's just toooooo Karaoke. It's lacks the live feel, or nearer live feel of a drum machine and some synth sound modules.

I know the VST's hammer the RAM in Logic and that's why Mainstage 2 was devised for live work, but I wonder if I can hook up a drum machine and a sound module and get the different Logic tracks to play the sounds from the drum machine and synth module.

Is anyone doing this? Does it work?

It seems a logical solution.

Re:Logic Live ?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:56 am

Hello spud,

I am using Logic live, and in a complicated but usable fashion that allows me to record midi parts on stage, loop them and build arrangements, and here is the best part, all without touching my computer.

One of the keys is getting to know the environment and another is programming key commands.  I'd be happy to share my techniques with you. In a nutshell I use a Novation SL, Logidy foot pedal, another keyboard and an octapad. A piece of software worth looking at is Fluqe's Onstage, which will opens and closes Logic projects with a midi pgm change. I love, love, love that program.

Let me know how to get in touch directly and I'll be happy to help you out. One of these days I'm going to make some videos on how I do this, people may be surprised at just how good a tool Logic is for live work.

If you can try to check out videos of Thomas Dolby from his last tour, he uses Logic and builds up his songs onstage.