uninstall

uninstall

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 pm

I am so frustrated! I installed ARD3.3 and forgot to restart the computer before running the software the first time (the installer does not tell you to restart). Now, ARD is completely crashing on startup and I have no clue how to uninstall it to start over. Did I mention that I am very frustrated. Do I need to completely wipe my hard drive and start over everything, or did Apple think to have a way to unistall ARD???

Re:uninstall

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 pm

If you provide more information, it may be easier to help.

Normally, to delete most apps, you just go to the folder containing the app and drag it to trash / delete it.

Otherwise you can use 3rd party software like  "App Cleaner" or something to remove them completely. I have never used such software. Mostly I just delete the app.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I just found a solution! I just installed the 3.5 update and then (duh) restarted the computer before starting ARD. Bam... worked fine.

Thanks again for trying to help super fast.

db

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:06 am

I had tried this but do not know how to use the Terminal. I am not that tech advanced. But, as mentioned in my last post, installing the 3.5 update fixed the problem! Thanks for trying to help.

db