h.264 batch export out of browser

h.264 batch export out of browser

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:03 am

Maybe I'm just blind,  but is there a way to batch export out of the browser without going through compressor?  I see all the pro res settings and HDV settings etc.  but nothing for h.264.   Maybe something apple could consider?  any ideas? R.

Re:h.264 batch export out of browser

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:40 am

You can do it through Quicktime Conversion.  But Compressor does a better job of it.   Final Cut is for editing.  Compressor is for video compression.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:04 am

Thanks for the help,  I found it under Quicktime Custom setting.   I tried compressor using the hd setting but it didn't come out in true scale and I get tired of fixing setting to get things to look right,  I was fine just exporting out of the browser.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:22 am

If you insist of using FCP, go to File > Export >Quick Time Conversion and select customize (or settings, can't recall exactly). The default is h.264... In the settings, leave Frame rate as is, key frame to automatic, then start with your quality at high, Audio depends but if this is for web, choose AAC 44.1 or 32.... Video dimensions, just keep to current settings... Good luck.