Separate Apps for iPhone4 and iPad2...

Separate Apps for iPhone4 and iPad2...

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:29 am

Hello, I have a iPhone4 and iPad2 and I use the same laptop to sync with both these devices. All the apps that I downloaded for the iPhone are now on my iPad2. Vice Versa , some of the apps that I wanted only of the iPad2 (like games etc) are now cluttering my iPhone screen. Is it possible to have separate apps for both these devices?  Can I maintain and manage the Apps that I want to be featured on my iPhone and iPad respectively?  Ash

Re:Separate Apps for iPhone4 and iPad2...

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:21 am

Yes, it is possible. iTunes keeps track of each iOS device/iPod separately, so you should be able to just select the device in the iTunes sidebar, then go into the Apps tab and uncheck the apps you don't want to have on that particular iOS device and sync. Have you not tried that, or is iTunes insisting on syncing all the apps even though you have some unchecked? Regards.

Re:Separate Apps for iPhone4 and iPad2...

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:35 am

Hello All/Dave, Thanks you for the replies. I managed to figure it out now. All i needed to do was slect the relevant Apps that I have downloaded for each device and then sync it. Cool. Appreciate the help, Thanks.. Ash