visit option returns"an error occurred...

visit option returns"an error occurred...

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:19 am

If I select the Visit button at bottom of page or in filr menu returns "an error occurred while trying to visit your website". However, if I publish to folder then if I opt wo view site it still gives the opportunity to test site before publishing to web. Can I reload a version of iweb 08 for free or is there a fix I can do?

Re:visit option returns"an error occurred...

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:29 am

If you are publishing to a server, other than MobileMe, via a local folder and an FTP application, iWeb doesn't know where to go to visit the site. Just enter your website URL in the browser but clear the cache first.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:55 am

Thank roddy. Unfortunately, your solution hasn't resolved the problem with the visit option within iWeb. However, I can still create webpages I just have to publish them to a folder every time to see if they work. No big problem, just irritating.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:34 am

Have you tried using the File âž™ Visit Published Site menu option?  It should take you to the last published site location.    OT

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:14 am

Yes and it returns "an error occurred while trying to visit your website". I'm wondering if it something to do with upgrading to lion or whether I accidently deleted a file. Iv'e used time machine to reload the i web application from before and the files associated with the site folder where the files are stored. No success

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 am

Are you able to visit your web site using its URL in your browser? 

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:03 am

Yes. Thanks