2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I got a local test environment which runs IIS 7.0. I can call the local webserver from PC's via http://demo-pc/ and get the website to show. If I use the same URL on the IPad or IPhone or IPod Touch I get an error "address is not available". I tried installing the Opera browser on the IPad and still get the same problem. Is there a solution to the problem. I saw some solution postings related to macbooks, but nothing on the iOS so far.
You need to use the fully qualified domain name of your server with your iPad. Your Windows systems work without an FQDN because they can resolve the Active Directory (or Workgroup) name, but the iPad cannot. This may also happen with Mac OS X systems unless they're bound to the AD domain. Regards.