iWeb on new MacBook Pro won't publish

iWeb on new MacBook Pro won't publish

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 am

My MacBook screen was smashed last year and I bought a new MacBook Pro and moved over everything.  Ever since then, when I go to iWeb, all of my files, photos blogs are their for all three of my websites, but when I hit Publish.. it just spools and spools and NEVER publishes the site!  My sites are all still active and published, but I've been unable to update for almost a year.  Any ideas would be GREATLY apprciated!  Thanks!

Re:iWeb on new MacBook Pro won't publish

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 am

Are you using mobileme or a third party website host? If a third party, email them with the problem and ask for another email with the info you need to put into your ftp page. When you go to iWeb, and select the top site heading, are the ftp slots filled correctly?Hugh

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 am

Did you transfer the domain.sites files form your previous MacBook?  It is these that you need if you want to alter any of the sites that you have.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:34 am

Here is a clip showing how one can find the iweb domainsites file. If you transferred it over, then the problem is with the ftp transfer perhaps, but if you don't have the old domain file, you cannot publish your site. You would have to recreate your site in iWeb to republish.Hugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws_QW_dg9XA  Go to home, library, application support, iweb, domain to see if it is there.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:43 am

As long as you have the domain file from your old computer in your Users/Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder on your new computer you can try the following: delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your Home() /Library/Preferences folder. go to your Home()/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete its contents. launch iWeb and try again. If that doesn't help continue with: move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.launch iWeb and try again.   OT